Vacancy Announcement for
Fixed-Term Position from KAIST
[Stochastic Analysis and
Application Research Center]
1. Job Type & Responsibility
No. of persons recruited
◇ Probability Theory
◇ Applied Probability
◇ Stochastic Differential Equation
Total number of persons to be recruited
※ In the absence of suitable candidates, nobody can be selected.
※ Applicants will be notified of any changes occurring during the recruitment process individually.
※ SAARC offers an alternative military service position for a Korean researcher with a Doctoral degree.
2. Eligibility and Preference
∘ Those who do not have reasons for disqualification under Article 33 of the State Public Officials Act*
∘ Those who are eligible for employment support under the Act on the Honorable Treatment and Support of Persons, etc. of Distinguished Services to the State (additional points to be added)
∘ Local talent, disabled person, those who have completed the youth internship program or job-related professional certificate holders are preferred
List applicable areas
∘ Should hold a Ph.D. degree in Mathematics or related fields (or expected to graduate before the starting date of the job)
*State Public Officials Act Article 33 (Grounds for Disqualification)
None of the following persons shall be appointed as a public official:
1. An incompetent person under the adult guardianship or under the limited guardianship;
2. A person who was declared bankrupt and has not yet been reinstated;
3. A person in whose case five years have not passed since his/her imprisonment without labor or a heavier punishment as declared by a court was completely executed or exempted;
4. A person who was sentenced by the suspension of the execution of imprisonment without labor or a heavier punishment and for whom two years have not passed since the period of suspension expired;
5. A person who is under a suspended sentence of imprisonment without labor or a heavier punishment as declared by a court;
6. A person who is disqualified, or whose qualification is suspended, pursuant to a judgment of the court or other Acts;
6-2. A person who committed a crime prescribed in Article 355 or 356 of the Criminal Act with regard to his/her duty during the period of service as public official and was sentenced to a fine of at least three million won and in whose case two years have not yet passed since the ruling on such sentence became final;
6-3. A person who committed a crime prescribed in Article 303 of the Criminal Act or Article 10 of the Act on Special Cases concerning the Punishment, etc. of Sexual Crimes and was sentenced to a fine of at least three million won and in whose case two years have not yet passed since the ruling on such sentence became final;
7. A person who was removed from office by a disciplinary action, and for whom five years have not passed thereafter;
8. A person who was dismissed by a disciplinary action, and for whom three years have not passed thereafter.
3. Application Method & Period
1) Application Form
2) Research Statement
How to apply
Fill out the prescribed application form and submit it via e-mail or post.
∘ E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
∘ Postal address : SAARC, E6-1 Room 2411, 291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon
Only applications that arrived between 28 Jan, 2021 and 26 Feb, 2021 are valid.
4. Employment Procedure
Type of screening
No. of candidates to be selected
Screening of the Application Form and the Self Introduction
04 March, 2021
Within 3 times the number of persons to be recruited
09 March, 2021
1 time the number of person to be recruited
Completion/submission of documents required for appointment
01 September, 2021
※ Procedure and schedule are subject to change depending on internal circumstances of the university; applicants will be notified of any changes individually.
5. Employment Contract Information
KAIST Stochastic Analysis and Application Research Center
Full-time (5 days a week, 09:00 to 18:00)
By 31 August, 2022
(* 1 or 2 year renewal extension is possible based on the research performance.)
(Contract term may be shortened in the event of early termination of the relevant project or business.)
3,600,000 won/month (including 4 major insurances, including severacne pay)
※ Other matters shall follow the relevant regulations and laws.
6. Guidelines on ‘Blind Hiring’
(Entering the prohibited data mentioned below may lead to deduction of points.)
- The Application Form does not have sections requesting photo, the name of school applicants attended, GPA and date of birth.
- Entry of information that could lead to bias such as the e-mail address of the school applicants attended is prohibited.
- Inclusion of personal information such as the name of schools applicants attended and family relationship, etc. in the Application Form (including The Self Introduction) is prohibited because it may lead to bias.
7. Miscellaneous Matters
- Period for request for return of application documents (original): 14 days from the application deadline
- Contact for victim of unfair employment : KAIST Human Resources Management Team (email@example.com)
- Disclosure of successful applicants of relatives of KAIST employees : Disclosure of the number of successful applicants who are relatives within 4th degree of relationship (spouse, first cousins, any blood relatives) of KAIST executive or employee on the university website (Only for the successful applicants are required to state whether they are relatives of KAIST executive or employee in the documents for appointment.)
- In relation to restrictions on public institutions’ employment of public officials who have been dismissed for corruption, all applicants should check applicable items of the Checklist for Restrictions on Employment of Public Officials Dismissed for Corruption (prescribed form) and submit it in accordance with the Restrictions on Employment of Public Officials Dismissed for Corruption.
- Required documents : Job Description Form, Application Form and the Self Introduction, and Checklist for Restriction on Employment of Public Officials Dismissed for Corruption
8. Inquiry: SAARC, JeongIn Park, 042-350-8117 / E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org