July 27, 2020
Professorships at KAIST
The Department of Mathematical Sciences at KAIST invites applications for tenured and tenure-track faculty positions beginning from Fall 2021, Spring 2022, or Fall 2022.
In recent years, KAIST, one of the top research universities in Korea, has been recruiting distinguished scholars of both Korean and foreign nationalities. KAIST is located in Daejeon, a city with a population of 1.5 million, and its operation is financially supported by the Korean government. Most of the courses at KAIST are taught in English.
Applications are accepted from any areas of pure, applied, and interdisciplinary mathematics. Successful applicants must demonstrate outstanding accomplishments or potential in research and teaching.
An internationally competitive salary commensurate with qualifications will be offered with attractive remuneration packages including relocation assistance, a start-up grant for research, health insurance, and housing benefit. The regular teaching load is two courses for the first year, and three courses a year thereafter.
All applications must include the following:
- KAIST faculty application form (A separate paper for major achievements, teaching plan, and research accomplishments is acceptable.)
- Cover letter (An AMS standard cover sheet is acceptable. The names of three (3) recommenders must be listed therein.)
- Curriculum vitae with a publication list
- Research statement of previous work and future plans
- Teaching statement of previous work and future plans
- A minimum of three (3) recommendation letters (Recommenders should send their letters directly to the email address below.)
After the screening process, candidates may submit additional documents.
Head of the Department of Mathematical Sciences
291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu
Daejeon, Republic of Korea
Zip Code: 34141