July 30, 2018
Professorships at KAIST
The Department of Mathematical Sciences at KAIST invites applications for tenured and tenure-track faculty positions beginning February 2019 or September 2019.
In recent years, KAIST, one of the top research universities in Korea, has been recruiting distinguished scholars of both Korean and foreign nationalities. KAIST is located in Daejeon, a city with a population of 1.5 million, and its operation is financially supported by the Korean government. Most of the courses at KAIST are taught in English.
Applications are accepted from any areas of pure, applied, and interdisciplinary mathematics. Successful applicants must demonstrate outstanding accomplishments or potential in research and teaching.
An internationally competitive salary commensurate with qualifications will be offered with attractive remuneration packages including relocation assistance, a start-up grant for research, medical insurance, and housing benefits. The regular teaching load is two courses per semester for the first year, and three courses a year thereafter.
All applications must include the following:
- KAIST faculty application form: Application for Full-Time Faculty Position of KAIST
- Cover letter (AMS standard cover sheet is also acceptable. The names of four recommenders must be listed therein.)
- Summary of main accomplishments
- Curriculum vitae with a publication list and academic & research records
- Research statement of previous work and future plans
- Teaching statement including future plans
- Two recommendation letters (Recommenders should send the letter directly to the email address below.)
- After the screening process, candidates should submit additional documents including two more recommendation letters.
All applications should be sent to or to the mailing address below by Friday, August 24, 2018:
Head of the Department of Mathematical Sciences
291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon,
Republic of Korea
Zip Code: 34141
For any inquiries, please contact:
Lan Yoon, Admin Staff, , +82-42-350-2703