Professorships at KAIST
The Department of Mathematical Sciences at KAIST invites applications for tenured and tenure-track faculty positions beginning March 2018 or September 2018.
In recent years, KAIST, one of the top research universities in Korea, has been recruiting distinguished scholars of both Korean and foreign nationalities. KAIST is located in Daejeon, a city with a population of 1.5 million, and its operation is financially supported by the Korean government. Most of the courses at KAIST are taught in English.
Applications are accepted from any areas of pure, applied, and interdisciplinary mathematics. Successful applicants must demonstrate outstanding accomplishments or potential in research and teaching.
An internationally competitive salary commensurate with qualifications will be offered with attractive remuneration packages including relocation assistance, a start-up grant for research, medical insurance, and housing benefits. The regular teaching load is two courses for the first year, and three courses a year thereafter.
All applications must include the following:
- Cover letter (An AMS standard cover sheet is sufficient. The names of four recommenders must be listed therein.)
- Curriculum vitae with a publication list
- Research statement of previous work and future plans
- One recommendation letter by an advisor or an academic mentor among the four recommenders (A recommender should send the letter directly to the email address below.)
* After the screening process, candidates may be asked to submit additional materials.
All application materials should be sent to or to the mailing address below:
Head of the Department of Mathematical Sciences
291 Daehak-ro, Yuseong-gu, Daejeon,
Republic of Korea
Zip Code: 34141
Applications should be received by Friday, September 15, 2017. For any further questions, please contact us at +82-42-350-2703 or at .