Graph Theory, Combinatorics, Combinatorial Optimization, Graph Algorithms. Structural Graph Theory, Width Parameters, etc.
- Unavoidable vertex-minors in large prime graphs (with O-joung Kwon), European J. Combin. 41(October 2014), pp. 100-127.
- Rank-width and Well-quasi-ordering of skew-symmetric or symmetric matrices, Linear Algebra Appl. 436(April 1, 2012)(7), pp. 2008-2036.
- Finding Branch-decompositions and Rank-decompositions (with Petr Hliněný). SIAM J. Comput. 38 (2008) (3), pp. 1012-1032.
- Approximating Clique-width and Branch-width (with Paul Seymour). J. Combin. Theory, Ser. B 96 (2006) (4), pp. 514-528.
Post-doctoral positions at KAIST
If you are interested in becoming a post-doctoral researcher working with me, then please contact me. You can also send me 1) your cover letter, 2) CV, 3) research statement, and 4) arrange at least 2 letters of recommendations sent to my email. (By regulation, you should have your Ph.D. degree ready on the first day of your work.— The Ph.D. defense is not enough.)
For students interested in being a graduate student, please visit the website of KAIST office of admissions.
KAIST Discrete Math Seminar
Current Graduate Students
- O-joung Kwon (권오정). Ph.D. Student. 2012.9-current. M.S. student. 2010.9-2012.8.
- Jisu Jeong (정지수). Ph.D. Student. 2013.9-current. M.S. student. 2011.9-2013.8.
- Geewon Suh (서기원). M.S. Student. 2013.9-current.
- Hojin Choi (최호진). M.S. Student. 2014.3-current.
- Dong Yeap Kang (강동엽). M.S. Student. 2014.3-current.
Former Graduate Students
- Ralph Bottesch. M.S. student. 2008.9-2010.8. (Graduate Student at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore)
- Joohyun Cho (조주현). M.S. student. 2008.9-2010.8. (Daechi Miraetamgu Hakwon 대치미래탐구학원)
- Joonkyung Lee (이준경). M.S. student. 2008.3-2010.2. (Graduate Student at Oxford University, 2013.10-)
- Ringi Kim (김린기). M.S. student. 2009.9-2011.8. (Graduate Student at Princeton University)
- Seongmin Ok (옥성민). M.S. student. 2010.2-2012.2. (Ph.D. Student at Technical University of Denmark)
- Tony Huynh 2011.9-2012.8. Ph.D. at University of Waterloo 2009, Advisor: Jim Geelen. (University of Rome “La Sapienza”)
- Maryam Verdian-Rizi 2011.9-2013.8. Ph.D. at Simon Fraser University 2011, Advisor: Luis A. Goddyn.
- Jaehoon Kim (김재훈) 2014.6.-2014.8. Ph.D. at UIUC 2014, Advisor: Alexandr V. Kostochka.
Curriculum Vitae (Last update: Nov. 30, 2014)