Location of Workshop: Room 1501, Building #E6-1 (Dept. of Mathematical Sciences), KAIST. (There will be a shuttle bus in the morning at 8:40am from the hotel to KAIST.)
The hotel (Toyoko Inn http://www.toyoko-inn.com/e_hotel/00234/index.html) is located near the Government Complex in Dunsan area.
Toyoko Inn (Åä¿äÄÚÀÎ)
Address: 922, Dunsandong, Seo-gu, Daejeon
Postal Code: 302-828
TEL: +82-(0)42-545-1045???FAX: +82-(0)42-545-1046
Check-in Time / 16:00
Check-out Time / 10:00
There is a local bus, No. 104 from Government Complex West side to KAIST main gate, shown in the above map. The bus costs 1,200 won in cash. Taxi in Korea is very cheap. It would cost perhaps 5,000 won (~5$) from the hotel to KAIST, and the price does not change even if you have more passengers.
- We rented a bus from Toyoko Inn to KAIST departing at 8:40AM from Thursday to Saturday.
- Daejeon Tourist Map (pdf file)
- Daejeon Tour Guide (pdf file)
- Please check the website of another conference organized at KAIST for more information on Shopping, Dining, Hiking, and Local Attractions and perhaps unnecessary Taxi Guide.
If you are interested in touring South Korea before or after the workshop, the following website may be helpful.
- Frommer’s South Korea : Introduction. Their?1-week plan is recommended.
- Korean Tourism Organization :?You can request a korean travel brochure for free and read e-books.
- Panmunjom Travel Center if you are interested in visiting the border area between North and South Korea.
- Interesting places to visit: Seoul, Jeju island, Gyeongju